Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Strawberry Banana Muffins

I love muffins. When I first went gluten free, what I missed the most were muffins. Some of the first GF muffins I made, turned out rock hard  a little less than desirable, but I kept trying. I gotta say, I'm pretty proud of my GF muffins these days. Even hubby eats them up, which says ALOT! My boy and hubby ate quite a few of these the last couple days. I only ate ummm, 12 in one day. Yeah I kind of feel like a pig, but hey they're healthy, so whatever :P

Strawberry Banana Muffins


1/2 cup sorghum flour
3/4 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup tapioca starch
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
2  ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg (or egg replacer)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup strawberries

Directions:

1. Whisk together all dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together mashed bananas, egg, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla. Then add this mixture to dry ingredients and beat. Slowly add in water and continue to beat until smooth.
3. Mix in strawberries.
4. Fill greased or lined muffin cups three quarters full. Bake in center of a preheated 375° oven for 30-35 minutes, or until browned and a knife inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
5. Then take a bite, before your Mama can get a picture of the perfect muffin...

YUM!
Most GF baking is best eaten when it's still warm from the oven. Store in freezer, defrost or reheat before eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment